Madhu is Dynamic… entertaining… fun and energetic…highly informative… humorous... engaging, motivating and inspiring us to find our own real-life solutions!
Lectures, Seminars, Presentations
I have lectured on various health and nutrition topics. As a dietitian, writer, and a diabetes educator, my expertise lies in healthful eating in all stages of life.
I lecture on healthy eating, diabetes, vegetarian diets, low cholesterol diets, and weight management, and have been interviewed on Iowa Public Radio and other radio stations.
To schedule a presentation or seminar, please contact me.
"Your talk was outstanding, wish I had taped you to bring back to my clinic," —Margaret Wegman, RD, LD.
Talks are Customized to Suit the Audience
Or choose from the list of programs below for a presentation, lunch & learn, or seminar.
All programs are solution-oriented. For more ideas contact us.
Resetting the Dinner Table
How to help the family come together for dinner even when everyone has things to do and places to go.
Nuts and Bolts of Healthy Eating
Take the mystery out of healthy eating.
Have Your Cake and Eat it Too!
Sort through the latest nutrition media jargon so you can enjoy eating again.
Designer Diets In and Out
So many diets with promising results, what works and what doesn’t, find a solution for long term weight loss.
There is a lot you can do to know your risks for pre-diabetes and take charge to prevent diabetes.
Eating is one of life’s biggest pleasures. Stop dieting and start living, a non-diet approach.
2018 - Lecture Series: Pro-Sports Club - Seattle, Washington
Nuts and Bolts of Healthy Eating and/or Weight Loss
Take A Hold of Disease: Managing Pre-Diabetes, Diabetes, And Heart Disease
2016 – FNCE (Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo) – Diversity in Agriculture, Cultural Nutrition from Land to Table
2014 – International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP) – Developing Ethnic Recipes Webinar
2013 –YMCA Panel Discussion, Hartford, CT - Tyranny of Thin
2012 – AAPI Annual Conference – Indian Vegan Diet Challenge Lecture and Cooking Demo
Pictured: Chef Walter D' Rosario, Chef Hemant Mathur, Marlisa Brown RD, and Madhu.
2012 – Novartis Pharmaceutical Corp., NJ – Nuts and Bolts of Healthy Eating Presentation and Cooking Demo
I have been a guest speaker in a variety of programs, conferences, and radio. This is a small sample of types of presentations given.
- 2010 Diabetes Symposium: When Knowing And Doing Are Not The Same; Omaha, NE: The Bad 4 Letter Word "DIET"
- Bryan LGH Medical Center, Omaha, NE: Eating Out Healthfully; Community Health Education Program.
- Colorado Dietetic Association Annual Meeting: Curry, Dal, and Ghee: Meeting the Needs of Indian Patients
- Missouri Dietetic Association Annual Meeting: Curry, Dal, and Ghee: Meeting the Needs of Indian Patients
- Talk of Iowa, Iowa Public Radio (NPR): Diet Busters, Preventing Diabetes, Why Eat Soy and other topics
- Amer. Assoc. of Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI) Annual Meeting, NYC: Nuts and Bolts of Healthy Eating
- Diabetes Control Program, Perry, Iowa: Designer Diets In and Out
- Amer. Assoc. of Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI) Annual Meeting, Orlando, Florida: Resetting the Indian Dinner Table:
- Prime Time Alive, Older Adult Services, Iowa: Have Your Cake and Eat it Too
- Culinary Collectors Society, Guest speaker, Cincinnati, Ohio: Basic of Indian Cuisine
- Arya Samaj Sammelan Annual Conference, New York: Healthy Eating for Indians in America
- Diabetes Center: 8-week classes for managing diabetes
- Diet Busters: 6-8 week classes, weight loss classes