Speaker and Author
“Dynamic… entertaining… fun and energetic…highly informative… humorous... engaging,
motivating and inspiring us to find our own real life solutions...”
|VIEW VIDEO & AUDIO CLIPS|
Madhu lectures on various health and nutrition topics. As a dietitian, writer, and a diabetes educator her expertise lies in healthful eating in all stages of life.
She lectures on healthy eating, diabetes, vegetarian diets, low cholesterol diets, and weight management. She has been interviewed on NPR and other radio stations.
- Lectures and Seminars
- Lunch and Learn Programs
- Media Spokesperson
TALKS ARE CUSTOMIZED TO SUIT THE AUDIENCE
or choose from the list of programs below.
To schedule a lecture, presentation, or nutrition class please contact Madhu.
"Your talk was outstanding, wish I had taped you to bring back to my clinic," —Margaret Wegman, RD, LD.
Presentation/Lunch and Learn/Seminar Topics:
Choose from any of the topics below. These will be customized to suit the audience. All programs are solution oriented. For more ideas contact us.
Resetting the Dinner Table
How to help the family come together for dinner even when everyone has things to do and places to go?
Nuts and Bolts of Healthy Eating
Take the mystery out of healthy eating.
Have Your Cake and Eat it Too!
Sort through latest nutrition media jargon so you can enjoy eating again.
Designer Diets In and Out
So many diets with promising results, what works and what doesn’t, find a solution for long term weight loss.
Enjoy nutrient dense foods and get the most bang for your buck.
There is a lot you can do to know your risks for pre-diabetes and take charge to prevent diabetes.
30 Minute Meals
Quick and healthy meals in less than 30 minutes
Eating is one of life’s biggest pleasure. Stop dieting and start living, a non-diet approach.
Madhu has been a guest speaker in variety of programs, conferences, and radio. This is a small sample of types of presentations given.
- 2010 Diabetes Symposium: When Knowing And Doing Are Not The Same; Omaha, NE: The Bad 4 Letter Word "DIET"
- Bryan LGH Medical Center, Omaha, NE: Eating Out Healthfully; Community Health Education Program.
- Colorado Dietetic Association Annual Meeting: Curry, Dal, and Ghee: Meeting the Needs of Indian Patients
- Missouri Dietetic Association Annual Meeting: Curry, Dal, and Ghee: Meeting the Needs of Indian Patients
- Talk of Iowa, Iowa Public Radio (NPR): Diet Busters, Preventing Diabetes, Why Eat Soy and other topics
- Amer. Assoc. of Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI) Annual Meeting, NYC: Nuts and Bolts of Healthy Eating
- Diabetes Control Program, Perry, Iowa: Designer Diets In and Out
- Amer. Assoc. of Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI) Annual Meeting, Orlando, Florida: Resetting the Indian Dinner Table:
- Prime Time Alive, Older Adult Services, Iowa: Have Your Cake and Eat it Too
- Culinary Collectors Society, Guest speaker, Cincinnati, Ohio: Basic of Indian Cuisine
- Arya Samaj Sammelan Annual Conference, New York: Healthy Eating for Indians in America
- Diabetes Center: 8 week classes for managing diabetes
- Diet Busters: 6-8 week classes, weight loss classes